Lethbridge News Now wants you to participate by sending comments, videos, photos, story ideas and feedback.
What is and isn’t acceptable?
- Please keep your submissions relevant to the topic.
- When you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words such as "allegedly")
- It's acceptable to fairly criticize, it is not acceptable to personally attack someone.
Things to always avoid
- Lengthy excerpts from other posts. We want to hear your own opinion.
- Racist, sexist and offensive language.
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements.
- Breaking copyright rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution).
- Violating someone’s privacy.
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act.
- Insensitive comments regarding the death or injury of private individuals, especially children.
- Posting your message in all CAPS (this makes it difficult to read and in online speak is considered yelling).
- Posting press releases and commercial promotions.
How are comments moderated?
Comments to Lethbridge News Now are pre-moderated. This means that they will be read by a moderator before they are seen by the public and will be removed if they violate our submission guidelines. All published comments are subject to moderation.
What if I see a comment I don’t like?
If you think a comment violates jpbgNOW guidelines, please respond.
If you feel someone has broken the guidelines, email us ([email protected]) and indicate the problem. We’ll investigate.
How will you use my submissions?
Your submissions may be published on various parts of Lethbridge News Now, and may even be included in our stories. They may also be used in Country 95-5 Newsradio stories. By submitting your content, you grant us the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free.
Photos and Videos
We want your photos and videos that capture breaking news and compelling stories. Local sporting events and community gatherings also make of interesting community content. Material submitted must be created and owned by you, including any music and artwork. Please do not post any sexually explicit content, pornography, hate speech, threats or harassment.